- Google app
- email and
- note taking with Google Keep
How to add and manage apps and widgets is also covered. Time is allocated to helping individuals with the wide range of different Android phones and to answering queries generated since the previous session.
Useful everyday apps
- Books and reading - BorrowBox, Kindle, Google Play Books, Overdrive, Scribd, Feedly
- Documents - Adobe reader, Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Listening - ABC radio, TuneIn Radio, Google Play Music
- Notetaking - Evernote, Google Keep
- Online storage - Dropbox, Google Drive, Photos (Google), Flickr
- Phone calls and messaging - Viber, Skype, Whats app
- Photography - Aviary, Photos (Google), PhotoFunia, Photoshop Express, Pixlr, Prisma, Snapseed
- Scanners - Camscanner, Photoscan, Scanbot
- Social - Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr, Google+, Twitter
- Tools - Maps, Calendar, Calculator, Smart measure, WiFi transfer, Airdroid, Photosync
- Video - YouTube
- Voice recording - Evernote, Google Keep, Easy voice recorder
To use magnification in any app, including using the camera as a magnifying glass go to - Settings, Accessibility, Magnification gestures to turn it on. Triple tap in any app to activate.
Drop in to Tech help - 2 pm on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at Noosaville Library for more friendly assistance.
This post first appeared on https://librarycurrants.blogspot.com