My favourite note-taking app is Evernote and I use this on my phone, my laptop and my ipad. At a glance I can see and search for any notes I've made no matter which device I am using. By adding titles and tags to my notes that makes it even easier to locate my information. All good note apps have search built in so that any word within a note can be found.
Here's some ideas for things you may like to keep notes for, so that you always have them handy.
- Shopping lists - with favourite brand names
- Names, models and serial numbers of electrical appliances
- Car/cat/dog or any other registration number
- Size of room, space or cupboard
- Recipes or lists of ingredients
- Clothing and shoe sizes and brands for self and others
- Names of any prescription drugs you take
Out and about
- Meeting notes
- Titles of books to read
- Music to acquire
- Films to see
- Places to go
- Price comparisons of intended purchases
- Travel notes
Some notes will be permanent and others ephemeral. Notes can be edited, altered, deleted to suit. Experiment with the note-taking app on your device to find the best way to use it to suit your needs.