Tuesday 8 July 2014

Winter in Sydney


There is no winter in Sydney

A chilly winter's night of 9 degrees Celsius here on the coast, prompted me to look at Trove for postings about winters in the past. Having lived in Sydney for 11 years in a past life and now living in a even milder climate, I have some empathy with this author's sentiment.


Here's a section of the article from The Evening News in Sydney, 4th June 1904. The author further continues the article and posits that one must venture further afield in NSW to experience a winter more akin to that described by Keats.
The complete article can be viewed here.

1904 '"WINTER.".', Evening News (Sydney, NSW : 1869 - 1931), 4 June, p. 4, viewed 8 July, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article113912826



2 comments:

  1. I know our weather is temperate so why am I so cold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that acclimatization thing, I'm cold too, but it is all relative isn't it. Currently 1.50 pm and it is 20 degrees outside and sunny, mid summer temperatures in some less than cosy corners of the world! :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I welcome your comments.


Enjoyed this post? Want to see more?